Monday, October 25, 2010

ANOTHER TAKE ON TIFFANY BOX CAKE PLUS A TUTORIAL

I got an order from a client who requested for a Tiffany Box cake. This time around, it's not for a bridal shower or an engagement party, but, it's for a WELCOME HOME party for her sister who is arriving to NY and obviously loves Tiffany. This is my third take on a Tiffany Box cake and I decided to have a "closed lid" style. To achieve a more sophisticated look, I airbrushed the sugarpaste bow with pearl white color - a simple detail like this adds a "WOW" factor to the cake. The cake was a red velvet one with a vanilla buttercream icing. As a result of this project, I am adding a tutorial for my readers on how to mix the right colors to achieve the tiffany blue fondant. I hope you all enjoy my bonus!




For the tiffany color, use 20% yellow, 30% royal blue and 50%white. Knead your fondant ito a ball until it's pliable. Using a toothpick, add streaks of icing color into several areas.

Knead the blue fondant until color is evenly blended. Do this with yellow as wll.


Roll a log each of the tinted and white fondant. Knead.

Knead fondant until all colors begin to blend in. Patience should be your virtue at this point!

Getting there....

TADA! I pulled out my tiffany box to check if I got the color palette!


1 comment:

lallina87 said...

Wow! Excellent post! i found it really helpful! I'll do this way me too! thanks!
Laura

Related Posts with Thumbnails